(Workshops & Day Schools Requirements)
Non members welcome to come and visit and have a taster session at any of our monthly meetings.
All we ask is you pay for your tea & coffee!
Non members are welcome to come to Day School’s but a fee will be charged – please contact us if you are interested in the below Day School (Members £40 and Non-members £45)
Day School – 24 June 2023 – Handmade Embroidered Pears – Annie Moore
This is an opportunity to create your own fabric embroidered pears – you will learn the skills to make 3 different varieties of the British pear – Conference, Comice and Concorde.
- Sewing machine (we have one machine available at the hall) (if you are not a proficient with a sewing machine others will help with this small part of the Day School)
- Fabric – cotton, linen, lightweight chambrays that are a coordinated choice of colours and patterns (less than ¼ yard needed in total per pear)
- Lightweight interfacing for backing the fabrics (I will bring a supply)
- Matching sewing threads to fabric
- Polyester stuffing (I will have some carded Jacobs sheep fleece for those who want to use their pear as a pincushion as it stops pins going rusty & Polyester fibre fill)
- Small amount of leaf coloured and stalk coloured felts – greens and browns (I will have a supply)
- Extra Large button (Optional) (I will bring a supply)
- Fabric marker – either FriXion pen or washable fabric marker
- Normal sewing bits e.g. pins/clips, scissors etc
- Long doll making hand sewing needle (I will bring a supply)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional) (I will bring)
- Variety of different embroidery threads to decorate – I will bring a supply of cotton stranded threads
- Beads and other small embellishments to decorate e.g. lace, ribbon etc
- Twig or pipe cleaner to make stalk (I will bring some pipe cleaners & twigs)
10 June 2023 – Silhouettes – Nicky Peterkin
- Backing fabric A4 size (old sheet, pillowcase, felt)
- Fabric scraps in colours for your background
- Black felt
- Bondaweb (optional) (there will be some for sale at the workshop)
- Ribbons for background
- Embellishments e.g. beads, lace etc.
- Normal sewing kit to include embroidery threads
13 May 2023 – Household Items Printing – Annie Moore
Everyone who came and took part really enjoyed themselves. See results in Members Gallery.
15 April 2023 – Silhouettes – Nicky Peterkin
Apologies for those who turned up but the hall had been double booked for a children’s birthday party. We will be doing this workshop instead on the 10 June 2023 instead.
11 March 2023 – Miniatures – Lynn Bennett
Samples of Lynn’s work
Day School – 25 February 2023 – Louise Nichols – Lino Print Embellishing Workshop
Samples of Louise’s Lino Prints for Embellishing
For more information visit Louise’s website: https://louisenichols.com/
11 February 2023 – Stumpwork – Gill Cable & Janice Richmond
Examples of their own work – what talent!
14 January 2023 – Wooley Inchies – Janice Richmond
This gave us all inspiration – see Members Gallery for photos of members work at the end of the workshop
10th December 2022 Christmas Angels – Lynn Bennett
Specstacular – Karoline Kolek 12th November 2022.
Spec Cases / mini purses